Intermediate Legal Administrative Assistant - Civil Litigation
Job ID: 7310
Our client is one of British Columbia’s leading boutique law firms in the areas of construction, commercial and matrimonial dispute resolution. They are looking for a commercial litigation LAA to join their team.
- Opening and maintaining files, ensuring policies and procedures are followed in accordance with firm guidelines, running conflict searches, maintaining calendars and bring forwards and preparing routine correspondence.
- Scheduling trial dates, discoveries, meetings, conferences and confirming dates with all involved parties as required.
- Assisting with preparation of document binders, lists of documents, notice of applications and pleadings.
- Arranging for service of court documents.
- Filing court documents via BC Online, agent, and in-person.
- Tracking deadlines to ensure compliance with court limitations.
- Providing administrative support and preparation of monthly invoices.
- Preparation of materials for administrative hearings.
- Reviewing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets.
- Electronic organization and maintenance of files.
- Conducting BC Online, LTO and corporate searches.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Successful completion of a post-secondary LAA program or the real world equivalent;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of BC Supreme Court Civil Rules, court practices and procedures and filing deadlines;
- Exceptional time management, organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work under pressure, complete tasks with speed and accuracy, and the ability to multi-task in response to changing situations;
- Client centered approach with commitment to providing outstanding service;
- Strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently, take initiative and be resourceful;
- The ability to work overtime if required;
- Strong technical skills including intermediate level knowledge of in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, BC Online, MyLTSA and Windows generally;
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe – OCR-ing, text searching, editing, redacting and hyperlinking within PDF documents;
Send your resume via email to email@example.com