ICBC Defence Paralegal
Job ID: 7309
Our client is a leading Western Canadian regional law firm with a focus on litigation and with offices in Vancouver and Calgary providing a full-range of legal expertise. They are an innovative, passionate team and have been raising the bar for litigation for nearly 40 years. Founded in Vancouver in 1979, the firm started as a small, boutique firm with three partners. Since then, they’ve pushed beyond standard litigation to find progressive, creative solutions for our clients. They build long-term relationships with local, national and international clients, supporting them so their businesses can prosper.
Our client is extremely proud of its professional work environment that encourages team and social interaction between staff and lawyers. They believe their staff work best in a collegial atmosphere where they are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to our work environment.
They are seeking an ICBC Paralegal to join their Vancouver team. This is a fully remote/work from home position. The ideal candidate will have 3-5+ years of ICBC paralegal experience and will be a team player who is proactive, able to handle a busy workload and has a keen eye for details.
- Organizing large groups of documents
- Analyzing documents for relevance, for producible and privileged purposes
- Creating Lists of Documents and serving on appropriate parties
- Receiving, reviewing, analyzing, organizing opposing parties’ documents
- Receiving, organizing and summarizing clinical records
- Drafting pleadings where appropriate – including but not limited to Responses to Civil Claim and Chambers applications
- Reviewing Discovery transcripts and obtaining answers to outstanding requests
- Advising lawyer on which specialist/expert to use in various cases. Setting up appointments and providing specialists/experts with all relevant documentation
- Mediations: Preparing mediation brief and outline, if applicable
- Miscellaneous: Providing general assistance to the lawyer dependent on the lawyer’s needs, including but not limited to drafting correspondence on lawyer’s behalf, tracking the status of the lawyer’s files, conducting court searches, etc.
- Legal Research: Quantum research and other research as requested by lawyer
- Paralegal Certificate or Diploma
- ICBC billing number an asset
- As required, relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills
Benefits & Perks:
They offer a comprehensive salary and benefits package that is very competitive, together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Their benefits include:
- a competitive bonus program;
- a wellness allowance for fitness expenses;
- an annual education/tuition allowance;
- ongoing continuing education;
- flexible health and dental coverage;
- long term disability insurance;
- a remote work policy that allows you to have the flexibility to work from home 1 day per week;
- personal days to help balance outside commitments;
- employee assistance program;
- monetary incentive for employee referrals;
- casual day every Friday; and
- an outgoing firm culture that provides lots of social opportunities to connect with your co- workers.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org