Family Law Paralegal
Job ID: 7298
Our client is a multi-service Vancouver based law firm. They are committed to providing service excellence to their valued clients.
Currently, they are looking for a Family Law Paralegal to join their Downtown Vancouver office.
The ideal candidate will have family law experience, be very organized, takes initiative, has the ability ot multi-task, strong attention to detail, and excellent client service skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proactively moves files forward within client expectations
- Drafting notice of applications and affidavits
- Drafting agreements
- Preparing legal documents for Supreme and Provincial Courts, as well as Court of Appeal
- Setting examinations for discovery, mediations, applications, and trials
- Managing lawyer’s calendars and scheduling Court dates
- Handling incoming client intake calls and referrals
- 3+ years experience in a similar family law role
- A graduate from an accredited LAA or Paralegal program or equivalency
- Thorough understanding of Supreme and BC Provincial Court rules and procedures
- Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle a high volume of work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Some experience in civil litigation an asset
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Divorecemate
- Experience with Worldox an asset
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org