Job ID: 7294
Our client is looking for an experienced ICBC Paralegal to join their team. This position requires 3+ years of experience, and the successful candidate will need to qualify for an ICBC billing number.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Monitors and diarizes limitation dates.
- Drafts, files, and serves pleadings, motions, and application materials.
- Completes Chambers and Trial preparation.
- Interviews clients to determine scope and validity of claim.
- Documents proof of claim.
- Manages file progression including obtaining relevant documentation and managing settlement process.
- Maintains file lists and reports to lawyers.
- Maintains client damage lists.
- Reviews and summarizes medical and rehabilitation records.
- Prepares correspondence and a variety of legal documents and ensures compliance with Rules of Court.
- Summarizes discoveries.
- Conducts research of records, court files and other legal documents.
- Assembles documentary evidence for trials.
- Maintains a well-organized work environment and implements efficient processes that minimizes lawyers’ administrative load and ensures ease of reference to firm’s documents.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years paralegal experience.
- Paralegal certificate from an accredited program.
- Previous personal injury defense experience.
- Superior organizational/document management skills with a strong attention to detail;
- Experience billing through ICBC and time tracking.
- Exceptional aptitude for software and systems.
- Advanced knowledge of database management.
- General litigation experience would be an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong research and legal analysis skills.
- Excellent ability to manage work responsibly in an unstructured environment.
- The ability to act independently, confidently, and make judgment calls and recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Sound business judgment including the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong critical thinking skills and a high level of initiative.
- Proactive approach to problem solving.
- A proven ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
- The ability to work collaboratively and support a team environment.
- A strong orientation towards delivering a superior standard of service.
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Computer knowledge including: MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, Internet, Case Management and Time tracker software.
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Send your resume via email to email@example.com