Intermediate to Senior Litigation LAA
Job ID: 7292
Our client is a bold and creative law firm focused on serving real estate developers, entrepreneurs, commercial lenders and borrowers.
They are committed to providing a professional yet friendly work environment with competitive compensation and benefits packages. They believe each individual, from senior partners to the newest member of our support staff team, plays an important role in the success of their firm.
They are currently looking for a dynamic individual to join their team as a full-time intermediate to senior Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant supporting a partner and associate in their busy litigation practice. Their practice areas are mainly commercial, real estate and construction litigation.
The candidate will be taking on a significant amount of responsibility, including (among other responsibilities):
- Opening and closing of files
- Managing lawyers’ calendar and active file list
- Conducting conflict searches
- Maintaining a bring forward system and diarizing all relevant dates independently
- Scheduling discoveries, mediations, trials, arbitrations, applications, appointments etc.
- Drafting various correspondence, documents, pleadings etc.
- File documents in court registries, including e-filing and arranging service of documents
- Communications with court registries
- Preparing Books of Authorities, List of Documents and filing application records
- Preparing for Trial
- Follow up with clients and opposing counsel
- Generating pre-bills and preparing invoices
- Conducting BC Online and LTSA Searches
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Graduate of recognized Legal Administrative Assistant program or relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of the BC Supreme Court Civil Rules
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, BC Online, MYLTSA
- Knowledge of Lexis Nexis, WestLaw and CanLII legal research tools
- Knowledge of Express Scribe Transcription software
- Knowledge of BC Court order Interest Calculator
- Knowledge of Eclipse is an asset
- Excellent organizational skills
- The ability to independently prioritize a high volume of tasks and competing tasks
- Able to follow instructions and stick to strict deadlines
- The ability to adapt to changing demands
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum of 6 years’ experience working in litigation. Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation with a high level of accuracy are required. Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, are also required. All candidates must be able to multi-task and have the ability to manage the different administrative functions of the practice along with managing multiple files. You are also a self-starter who takes the initiative, works well under pressure, are able to prioritize independently and works well with minimal to no supervision.
Send your resume via email to email@example.com