Job ID: 7291
Our client is a leading intellectual property law firm located in downtown Vancouver. They provide a broad range of IP services with particular focus on the preparation and filing of patent and trademark applications. Through their wide reaching network of foreign associates, they are able to advance their clients’ interest around the world. They are an innovative and passionate firm that has been raising the bar in intellectual property law for the past 44 years. They are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of work and share our values and commitment to providing excellent client service.
They have an opening for an Accounting Clerk in their Accounting Department. This is a full-time position, work schedule is Mondays to Fridays; hours are 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This opportunity will be well suited for someone who interested in beginning his/her accounting career in a law firm. The successful candidate will gain experience at a thriving and well-regarded law firm working with collegial group of staff and lawyers.
The Accounting clerk will be responsible for the following duties:
- Understand multiple disbursement payment methods and post disbursements charges accordingly.
- Prepare matter-to-matter trust transfers.
- Process trust to general trust cheques.
- Reconcile credit card statements and payments.
- Prepare and process wire payments.
- Responding to internal and external inquiries regarding client related disbursements. Backup for the preparation and processing cheque, credit card requests, e-transfers and electronic wire transfers receipts.
- Backup for ebillings.
- Assisting with bank runs for general, US and trust accounts.
- Providing support with other Accounting functions as needed.
The ideal candidate is energetic with solid accounting skills and the ability to work with Word, Outlook and Excel. You are able to work in a fast paced environment, extremely organized and can prioritize many tasks. Additional qualifications for this position:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional services environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience with PC Law would be an asset.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills including the ability to apply a client and customer centered approach.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with computers and ability to become proficient in firm’s accounting, word processing, docketing, document management and related software applications.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org