Corporate Services Paralegal
Job ID: 7282
Our law firm client, is a full service law firm with a history of 150 years in Vancouver. They are committed to providing the highest standard of service to their clients, and strives to be one of the top employers in B.C.
Our client is looking for an intermediate to senior corporate services paralegal to join their team. The ideal candidate will have good practical training and experience from years of a busy corporate practice at a business law firm.
Candidates must have transactional and drafting experience and be proficient with ALF. They must be able to multi-task and prioritize a workload, pay attention to detail, and have excellent organizational, communication, and written skills. This is a client-based environment, and the corporate department works directly with lawyers on transactions across the firm. The candidate must be able to take instruction, understand basic corporate transactions, and work independently to provide draft documentation.
The responsibilities include:
- Prepare corporate documents for BC and Federal entities, including incorporations/organizations, name changes, alterations, amalgamations, dissolutions, restorations, re-organizations, continuances, and other transaction related documents
- Prepare and file documents for partnerships, limited partnerships, business names and extra-provincial registrations across Canada
- Prepare documents to change the registered and records office, share transactions including issuance, transfer, redemption and repurchase, appoint and remove directors and officers and other basic miscellaneous resolutions
- Conduct minute book reviews and prepare documents to correct minute book deficiencies
- Prepare annual documents for BC, Federal and extra-provincial entities
- Conduct corporate searches
- Respond to daily inquiries from lawyers and clients and handle day-to-day corporate matters
- Update and maintain corporate records and ensure documents comply with the applicable legislation and are entered into the database.
- Draft resolutions and related documentation for complex transactions, often on a time sensitive basis
- Take on other responsibilities as required.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org