Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 7273
Our client is currently looking for an experienced Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant to join their team, and invites you to review the job position details below.
This position provides primary support to a partner and an associate, and generally supports all litigation lawyers and staff as listed below, in a client service team structure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare litigation documents and pleadings as required, including application records and Briefs of Authorities;
- File documents with registries when required;
- Schedule discoveries, trial dates and other meetings;
- Assist in file/document management, including updating pleadings binders, ensuring all electronic and paper filing complete;
- Prepare general correspondence;
- Deal directly with clients, experts and referral sources;
- Manage more complex tasks in order to move files forward in a meaningful way;
- Maintain primary responsibility for full billing cycle;
- Participate with other team members in covering reception breaks as necessary;
- Complete all other administrative tasks as required.
Knowledge, Qualities & Experience Required:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a law firm, preferably in the commercial litigation area;
- Completion of a recognized Legal Administrative Assistant Certificate program, and an interest in, or already pursuing paralegal certification;
- Knowledge of BC litigation processes and court procedures;
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), and Adobe;
- Proactive and resourceful;
- Able to work independently, as well as part of a team;
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities required to prioritize a high volume of tasks or competing priorities;
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Adaptable and flexible to handle changing priorities;
- Keenly interest in learning;
- Dedicated to providing service beyond expectations;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proven problem-solving skills;
- Ability to manage multiple internal clients and be responsive to the needs of each; and
- Flexible to work overtime as needed.
They offer a competitive salary, a generous benefits package and a great working environment. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career position, please submit your resume
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org