Intellectual Property Docketing Clerk
Job ID: 7272
Our client is a leading intellectual property law firm located in downtown Vancouver. They provide a broad range of IP services with particular focus on the preparation and filing of patent and trademark applications. Their lawyers have a variety of technical background that provides insight to helping clients define and protect their innovations. Through our wide reaching network of foreign associates, we are able to advance our clients’ interest around the world. They are an innovative and passionate firm that have been raising the bar in intellectual property law for the past 44 years.
At this firm, the staff are an integral part of their professional team, they encourage a collegial atmosphere where staff are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to their work environment. They are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of work and share their values and commitment to providing excellent client service.
They have an opening for a Docketing Clerk to join their IP Docketing Department. They are seeking candidates who can work in a fast-paced environment and enjoy displaying the ability to multitask and prioritize.
During the current pandemic, many of their staff & lawyers are working from home, however, this position may require some in-office work attendance from time to time.
The primary job responsibilities are:
- Read and interpret daily postal/electronic mail from patent and trademark offices as well as client communication.
- Ensuring appropriate deadlines and information is added to the firm’s IP management software.
- Maintenance of electronic files in the firm’s document management system.
- Managing the creation and updating of new matters, including establishment of appropriate file types, family relations between applications, and generation of relevant
- Preparing reports for legal teams, updating the firm’s docket system when necessary.
- Management of closed files.
- Reception relief and filing.
- Other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills including the ability to apply a client and customer-centered approach.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency with computers and willingness and ability to become proficient in firm’s word processing, docketing, document management and related software applications.
- Team player who has the ability to work independently.
- Experience in a professional services environment would be an asset.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org