Junior Legal Administrative Assistant - Intellectual Property Law
Job ID: 7271
Our client is a leading intellectual property law firm located in downtown Vancouver. They provide a broad range of IP services with particular focus on the preparation and filing of patent and trademark applications. Their lawyers have a variety of technical background that provides insight to helping clients define and protect their innovations. Through our wide reaching network of foreign associates, we are able to advance our clients’ interest around the world. They are an innovative and passionate firm that have been raising the bar in intellectual property law for the past 44 years.
At this firm, the staff are an integral part of their professional team, they encourage a collegial atmosphere where staff are empowered to build their careers and make a positive contribution to their work environment. They are always on the lookout for talented individuals who are dedicated to delivering the highest quality of work and share their values and commitment to providing excellent client service.
They have an opening for a Junior Legal Administrative Assistant. This is a newly created, full-time, permanent position. They are seeking an enthusiastic candidate to be a part of a team made up of Partners, Associates, Paralegals and a Legal Administrative Assistant. The firm is committed to facilitating both personal and professional growth and this would be a great opportunity for a junior to develop their administrative skills while working in a collaborative team environment.
Working within a team environment, the Junior Legal Administrative Assistant will assist with providing administrative support including processing correspondence, docketing deadlines, document production and assisting with all stages of patent and trademark prosecution. This includes:
- Reviewing and processing incoming and outgoing correspondence.
- Preparing and drafting documents and correspondence.
- Managing deadlines, billing and general administrative duties.
- Assisting with the management of patent and trademark portfolios.
- Retrieving patent and trademark records and information from official databases.
- Assisting with preparation of amendments and responses to Office Actions and other official filings.
- Assisting with the preparation of client invoices.
- Ability to perform other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will bring with them strong attention to detail with an ability to produce high-quality work, the ability to multitask and manage multiple deadlines and work well under pressure. They are also looking for someone with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and who can work independently and in a team environment to provide excellent client service. The ability to develop strong working relationships with colleagues and a positive, can-do attitude are key to being successful in this role.
Qualifications for this position include the following:
- Professional legal administrative assistant certification.
- Ideally, a minimum of 1 year of experience in a law firm environment, preferably within Intellectual Property.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, internet)
- Thorough, conscientious with strong proofreading skills.
- Willingness to adapt to new and innovative technologies to improve efficiencies.
- Knowledge of docketing and document management systems would be an asset.
Send your resume via email to email@example.com