Labour and Employment Legal Administrative Assistant
Job ID: 7258
Our law firm client is the largest workplace law and advocacy firm in Western Canada. They are currently recruiting for a full-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join their busy and fast-paced Labour, Employment & Human Rights team.
They are dedicated to providing unparalleled client service, maintaining a deep understanding of our clients businesses and building ongoing client relationships. The Legal Administrative Assistant team is integral to meeting these goals.
The client is a highly respected and recognized boutique law firm. With the resources of a large firm, and the culture of a small firm, they offer a collegial, friendly and flexible learning environment. This position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting and preparing letters, memos, and correspondence as directed by legal professionals;
- Creating, monitoring and maintaining client files for legal professionals;
- Opening and closing files;
- Liaising with the Labour Relations Board, Supreme Court, arbitrators and various tribunals;
- Processing billable and non-billable time and preparing client invoices;
- Managing calendars and bring forward systems to ensure important deadlines are met;
- Liaising with external clients as required;
- Preparing for hearings, including organizing respective documents.
- 5+ years experience as a legal administrative assistant (experience in workplace law and advocacy or litigation considered an asset);
- Previous executive assistant experience considered an asset;
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat and Outlook;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines;
- Strong technical skills.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org