Paralegal - Commercial Real Estate and Lending
Job ID: 7254
Our law firm client is recognized as a leader in construction and infrastructure, real estate , corporate commercial law, insurance, and commercial litigation, and provides a wide range of legal services. They are seeking an experienced Commercial Real Estate Paralegal to join our collegial, supportive and dynamic team. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, intermediate legal professional that thrives on work that is both interesting and complex within a solicitors practice. The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the commercial real estate practice group in all aspects of its busy practice including drafting, reviewing, and analyzing contracts of purchase and sale, easements, rights of way, leases, subdivisions and strata plan filings, mortgages, loan and security documentation, disclosure statements and amendments thereto, conducting title/due diligence searches, and all other matters related to commercial real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, development and financing.
The incumbent will assume the following responsibilities:
- Administers files from start to finish.
- Prepares documents regarding acquisitions and sales of various types of commercial properties, financing and land development matters including preparing all acquisition loan and construction financing documentation.
- Responsible for Personal Property Registry registrations, amendments and discharges.
- Prepares and diarizes summaries of key transaction dates and conducts title and off-title due diligence searches.
- Drafts statutory right of ways, covenants, and easements.
- Reviews and processes purchase and sales agreements, deposits and payouts.
- Prepares all internal documents relating to trust transactions.
- Prepares mortgages and client-specific loan and security documentation.
- Prepares discharges of mortgages and reports discharge particulars to purchasers legal representatives.
- Prepares and finalizes reporting letters and diarizes key post-closings dates and tasks.
- Communicates with vendors, purchasers, financial institutions, clients, lawyers, brokers and others.
- Engages in direct phone and e-mail communications with clients and others.
- Researches and interprets applicable legal and technical procedures, statutes and regulations.
- Maintains confidentiality of Firm, client, and employee information.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Completion of a Paralegal Diploma/Certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Paralegal in a Solicitors practice.
- Working computer knowledge including: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Adobe.
- Strong understanding of BC Land Title Office registration requirements and capability with e-filing including coordination of electronic meets.
- Working knowledge of various applicable databases i.e. BC Online, LTSA, municipal tax searches, etc.
- Experience working with BC Housing, the Indian Land Registry System, the First Nations Land Registry System, and the Self-Governing First Nations Land Resister would be an asset.
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong ability to run complex files independently.
- Strong ability with the use of Adobe Standard and Adobe DC software required to file Land Title Office documents.
- Highly organized with an exceptional eye for detail and a high degree of accuracy in work product.
- Skilled in using technology and adapts to new technological advancements.
- Strong independent work ethic and initiative.
- Excellent ability to work well within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Exceptional time-management and follow up skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments without sacrificing quality or attention to detail.
- A proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
A competitive salary and benefits package together with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer an annual education/tuition reimbursement program, fitness subsidy, and ongoing educational seminars as part of our employee experience program.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org