Float Legal Administrative Assistant/Admin Assistant
Job ID: 7244
Our law firm client, is the largest workplace law and advocacy firm in Western Canada. They are currently recruiting for a full-time Administrative Assistant/Legal Administrative Assistant to join their busy and fast-paced team. The successful candidate will report to the Human Resources Manager.
They are dedicated to providing unparalleled client service, maintaining a deep understanding of their clients businesses and building ongoing client relationships. Their administrative team is integral to meeting these goals.
The firm is a highly respected and recognized boutique law firm. With the resources of a large firm, and the culture of a small firm, they offer a collegial, friendly and flexible learning environment. This position comes with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Assisting with ongoing firm projects, and providing over-flow support and vacation/leave coverage for legal support staff;
- Drafting and preparing letters, memos, and correspondence as directed by legal professionals;
- Creating, monitoring and maintaining client files for legal professionals;
- Opening and closing files;
- Processing billable and non-billable time and preparing client invoices;
- Managing calendars and bring forward systems to ensure important deadlines are met;
- Liaising with external clients as required;
- Preparing for trial and hearings, including organizing respective documents.
- 2+ years experience as a legal administrative assistant (experience in workplace law and advocacy or litigation considered an asset);
- Graduate of a Legal Administrative Assistant program from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, and Outlook required; experience with iManage considered an asset;
- Ability to maintain strict confidentially;
- Outstanding customer service skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work and manage time effectively;
- Self-motivated and self-directed with strong communication skills;
- Experience and ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to work under pressure in a busy environment to meet deadlines;
- Strong technical skills.
Send your resume via email to email@example.com