Senior Commercial Real Estate - LAA/Paralegal
Job ID: 7241
Our law firm client was established in 1993 and located in downtown Vancouver. They are a premier boutique commercial law firm providing services to many of the industry leaders in BC.
They are currently recruiting for an Intermediate or Senior Legal Administrative Assistant/Paralegal to join their Commercial Real Estate team on a permanent basis. This is a full-time position supporting two busy associates. A paralegal certificate or diploma is preferred but not essential.
In addition to knowledge of and an interest in commercial real estate law, the successful candidate will be self-motivated and possess:
- strong written and verbal communication skills;
- strong organizational skills and the ability to meet critical timelines;
- the ability to handle multiple files in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities;
- attention to detail;
- the ability to proactively manage all administrative functions of the position, including file management; and
- advanced computer skills.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as point of contact and field incoming inquiries from clients, outside counsel and staff;
- Perform meeting management functions including, scheduling appointments and booking boardrooms;
- Document preparation and management and logistical support for real estate and corporate commercial transactions;
- Perform due diligence searches including BC Online, Personal Property Registry, LTSA and ancillary searches relating to commercial real estate transactions;
- Handle commercial real estate and financing files from due diligence through to reporting; including file organization, assembling information required by lender’s counsel; preliminary review of security documents; and completing documents as required;
- Prepare and file Land Title forms and PPSA registrations;
- Knowledge of BC corporate records including ability to review minute books and ALF records in preparation for commercial real estate transactions;
- Prepare title binders, closing books, trust reconciliations, reporting letters and bills;
- Sort and distribute mail;
- Minimal copy and dicta typing and time entry.
The successful candidate must possess strong skills in Microsoft Office 2010, including Word and Excel and working knowledge of ALF. Experience with PC Law is an asset. The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal skills along with the ability to work with minimal supervision, exercising initiative and judgment.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org