Current Opportunities | Search Form
Job ID: 7206
Our client is a progressive corporate administration and financial reporting services firm seeking a full-time Corporate Advisor to join their team. The ideal candidate MUST have prior work experience as a Paralegal/ Legal Administrative Assistant in securities and corporate law. They are looking for a detail-oriented person who not only possesses the skills, knowledge and experience required but who has a positive attitude and the ability to work well with minimal supervision.
The Corporate Advisor will be working closely with their corporate and accounting teams, and directly with the public companies they manage.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Draft and circulate Board of Directors consent resolutions;
- Draft and circulate agendas and minutes for Board and Committee meetings;
- Draft and coordinate information circular and minutes for annual general meetings and special meetings;
- Incorporate companies and prepare/maintain all related documents for the minute book;
- Draft documentation for brokered and non-brokered financings, stock option grants/exercises, and warrant exercises/re-registrations;
- File documents/reports on SEDAR, SEDI, BCSC, TSXV, CSE and BC Online;
- Liaise with transfer agents, stock exchanges and various securities commissions;
- Complete continuous disclosure filings and ensure that the filings are made in a timely manner as required by the applicable securities legislation and stock exchange policies;
- Assist with the preparation of contracts and agreements;
- Drafting Listing Statements, AIFs and Prospectuses;
- Drafting news releases;
- Maintain share continuity spreadsheets;
- Perform other duties as required.
To be considered for this opportunity, the ideal candidate will be a Corporate Advisor with a minimum of five years of experience. The following skills and experience are desired:
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a paralegal/legal administrative assistant in securities/corporate commercial law in a law firm or public company;
- Graduate of an accredited legal administrative assistant/paralegal program.
- Proficiency in MS Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including excellent proofreading and grammar skills;
- Possess a strong work ethic;
- Well organized with attention to detail;
- Must be flexible and have the willingness to learn;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload;
- Ability to work independently as well as function as part of a team;
- Ability to exercise good judgment and self-start who can take the initiative;
- Professional manner and attitude.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org