Current Opportunities | Search Form
Intermediate to Senior Wealth Preservation/ Tax Reorganization Paralegal
Job ID: 7189
Our client’s Wealth Preservation Group serves financial and insurance planners, professionals and their corporations, large businesses and family-owned businesses. Based on their clients’ needs, their team creates effective, personalized, tax-efficient, corporate and personal plans using a wide range of legal tools. These tools include trusts and specialized corporate structures.
The ideal candidate is:
- A senior level corporate paralegal with superior analytical skills and attention to detail, and have between 10 to 15 years’ experience working in a corporate services or wealth preservation department,
- Wants to take their knowledge to the next level,
- Wants to be a part of a team of professionals where you are encouraged to voice your ideas and solutions,
- Are at ease having direct interaction with accountants and other professionals, and
- Wants to work on, develop, and implement strategies for personal and business reorganization and succession.
On instructions from lawyers and/or accountants (not always as comprehensive as you would like), you are capable of creating detailed lists of documents and the documents required to carry out reorganizations utilizing Sections 51, 85 and 86 of the Income Tax Act (Canada). You are proficient in creating, or altering to create, simple and complex share structures (including the independent drafting of special rights and restrictions). You have worked with B.C. companies, Federal corporations, and limited and general partnerships. You must be able to perform independent drafting of the documents relating to basic corporate functions that are captured in broader reorganizational transactions (including, but not limited to, incorporations, name changes, amalgamations, continuations, dissolutions, director & officer changes, share allotments and transfers, redemptions, retractions, dividends, and annual maintenance).
Paralegal designation and ALF database experience are not a necessity but would be considered assets.
Send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org